Alton Barnes, Marlborough, Wiltshire
Camp 1 – 23rd 24th 25th June
Camp 2 – 18th 19th 20th August
Instructors: Michelle Williamson BHSI Louise Holden BHSAI
WHL camp offers you the opportunity to spend time with your horse and focus on a weekend of intensive training with our experienced and highly qualified BHS instructors. Improve your riding skills while having fun in a friendly relaxed atmosphere with like minded people!
Lessons and training are flexible and if there is something in particular you want to work on let us know and we can include it in our training programme. We want this camp to focus on the individual needs of each rider.
- 25m x 50m outdoor school with training mirrors. Full set of show jumps and a variety of fillers.
- Dressage arena on grass
- Weather permitting we are hoping to have show jumps and cross country jumps out on grass too
- All lessons – no more than 4 in a group – riders/horses will be grouped according to ability
- Turnout for your horse in small individual paddocks (You will need to poo pick your paddock) unless there are stables available. Please bring your horses own feed/hay.
- All food (Apart from trip to the pub on Friday evening) – if you have any special dietary requirements please let us know
We will put up a large tent where everyone can eat together and chat; there is a toilet on site.
You can either sleep in your lorry or trailer, or put up a tent.
Cost £160.00 per person
WHL clients £150 per person
Sports Massages may be available if enough interest – let us know
Saturday only may be available if space @ £70 per day
Deposit of £60 payable in advance to secure your place.
Proposed Camp Schedule – Maximum 8 people
- Arrive from 2pm
- 3pm Tea and cake
- 4pm Lesson group 1 flat work/poles
- 5pm Lesson group 2 flat work/poles
- 7pm Pub supper and quiz – (Supper not included in price)
- 8am Breakfast
- 30 Lesson groups 1 & 2 Lunge lessons – semi private
- 30 Lesson group 1 & 2 Test riding on a grass arena
- 30 Lunch
- 30 Lesson group 1 Show jumping
- 30 Lesson group 2 Show jumping
- 4pm Tea and cake Optional hack up on the Pewsey Downs
- 7pm Supper and entertainment at camp!
- 8am Breakfast
- 10am Competition or lessons
- 1pm Prize giving and Lunch
- Camp closes L
Soft drinks are provided with all meals, you are welcome to bring your own alcoholic drinks, which can be chilled in the common room.
Camp 1 – 23rd 24th 25th June 2017 Camp 2 – 18th 19th 20th August 2017
Which camp do you wish to attend? ………………
Postcode Mobile No:
Please supply as much detail as possible about you and your horses ability.
You will be allocated into groups according to ability.
Horse ability: Is your horse young or inexperienced?
What height are you comfortable jumping?
Any other information eg Dietary requirements?
No sessions are compulsory – and we will try our utmost to accommodate everyone.
Please return this booking form with a deposit of £60 to secure your place which is non refundable. Final balance is payable before arrival.
BACS: Sort Code: 30 92 63 Account No: 03460658
Postal address: Bridge House Cottage, All Cannings Devizes, Wilts SN10 3NR