Michelle is a qualified and fully insured BHSI and holds a UK Coaching Certificate level 3 . She has a current first aid certificate and DBS check and attends regular training on safeguarding children. She has many clients ranging from children to adults and is available to teach flat work, show jumping or cross country at your chosen venue or at White Horse Liveries, Alton Barnes.
Michelle is an accredited Pony Club Instructor and regularly works with The Tedworth Pony Club. She has a great rapport with children/teenagers and makes lessons fun and enjoyable, she teaches with empathy and enthusiasm.
Michelle regularly plans and teaches weekly ‘grid work’ sessions, flat and jumping clinics and organises competitions at White Horse Liveries, Alton Barnes where she is based.
Private lessons enable Michelle to work with you on a one to one basis to support and help you achieve your aims. Michelle can help nervous riders, and inexperienced novice owners to help you build a partnership between you and your horse.
Michelle is also able to support you through your BHS examinations, stable management and riding.
Grid work sessions
Grid exercises will improve your horses rhythm, balance, reactions, style and jumping technique this helps your horses to be athletic, quick thinking, accurate and confident.
Michelle’s Coaching Philosophy
What I believe:
- All horses and riders are individuals, we have our own aims, goals and needs and what might work for one individual may not work for another
- To create a harmonious balance between horse and rider firm foundation need to be in place
- My role as coach is to assist you to identify your goals and training needs, working with you to put plans into place to enable you to attain your goals
What is important:
- A learning environment which is positive, effort is praised, feedback constructive, mistakes are allowed and learned from
- Fun and enjoyment, learning is a pleasure
- Safety of horse and rider
- Sharing my passion for horses
What I value:
- Dedication, effort and a passion for learning, being open minded to new ideas and a willingness to try
|Private lesson:||Per hour £35 (£25 40 mins)|
|Semi private: (2 people)||Per hour £40 (£20 each)|
|Group lessons:||Group rates available please ask!|
|Travelling costs:||£0.35 per mile (free in 10 mile radius – subject to circumstances)|